Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Thankfulness

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, a day traditionally filled with family, love, turkey, and yelling at the ref that that pass interference call was crap.

Along with those things, as with many families, we have a tradition around the dinner table of naming the things for which we are thankful. And also, in my case, overeating.

I thought I would get my list together today, before I am too stuffed to think straight (and breathe correctly, for that matter), so this year I might come up with something to be thankful for other than Tums.

Here are a few things off the top of my head:

Gravy
Stuffing
WiFi
Peach Snapple
Ziploc bags
Teachers
Breweries large and small
Four-wheel drive
Boats
My books
Other people’s books
Libraries
Wineries
Amazon.com
Readers
Reviewers
Dr. Seuss
Dishwashers
Distilleries
Doctors
Dentists
Google
Garbage disposals
A/C in the car
AC/DC in the car
Spellcheck
Tabasco Green Pepper JalapeƱo sauce
Literacy
Indoor plumbing
Soldiers
Babies (other people’s)
How babies are made
Kids (sometimes even my own)
Puppies (other people’s)
Dogs (sometimes even my own)
Family
Friends
Pork products
Family and friends who bring pork products
Opposable thumbs
Fireworks
Deodorant
Toilets
Toilet paper
Elevators
Duct tape
Dave Barry
Forever stamps
The five-second rule
Braces (not paying for the braces, just the braces)
Pizza
Outhouses
Comedy
Fingernails
Every day it’s not windy
Salt
Water
Saltwater
Rick Riordan
Zippers
Baseball
The San Francisco Giants (most years, not this one)
Getting to be a coach
Getting to be on a couch
Fortune cookies
Traveling
That travelers’ checks (cheques?) are no longer a thing
Every day without a school project
Beef
Tacos
Nachos
Movies
Popcorn
The fact that the book is always better than the movie
Sports
Compound interest
Lifetouch School Portraits, for all the humor they bring into my life
J.K. Rowling
Any time the house doesn’t smell like boys’ shoes
Our church
When my phone works through buttons and speakers in my car
Google maps
Whoever invented the refrigerator
Costco
And most importantly, my amazing wife.


That’s probably enough for now. Feel free to steal any of those for your own tomorrow.

Have a great Thanksgiving,

-Smidge


Copyright © 2017 Marc Schmatjen


Check out The Smidge Page on Facebook. We like you, now like us back!

Also visit Marc’s Amazon.com Author Page  for all his books. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment